Sue Hutton collects personal data, that is, names and e-mail addresses, in order to be able to reply to comments and queries that you send from the website and to maintain a log of enquiries. I am committed to maintaining your personal information in a manner which meets the requirements of the Data Protection Act (1998) and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is kept secure against unauthorised access, loss, disclosure or destruction.
In order to respect your privacy, I manage personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Acts eight Data Protection Principles, namely :
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
- Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Sue Hutton collects personal information when e-mails or other correspondence is sent to her. These details are your name and e-mail address, which are stored electronically for the purpose of formulating a reply. Personal data about you will be held in confidence and Sue Hutton will not pass on your personal data to any third party without your consent unless required to do so by law or regulation.
Sue Hutton will not sell or lease your details to external organisations for direct marketing purposes.
You have the right to request to see the personal data held on you by Sue Hutton. The law permits Sue Hutton to charge you a fee for providing this information. If you would like to exercise this right, or have any concerns about the personal data held on you, please put your request in writing to: Sue Hutton, 35 Romway Close, Shepshed, Loughborough LE12 9DT, UK. Any personal data which you inform her is incorrect will be amended or deleted, as appropriate.